Calibre Companion apk for android
I wish it Calibre Companion apk for android worked over LTE Very good app for grabbing books from my calibre server. My only gripe is it requires wifi to be on. I can’t grab books on to my phone when I’m on my mobile network. I don’t understand why they limit this. There are other ways of doing this, but having experimented with them, CC is by far to be preferred. As a library, it is quick and slick, and with the ability to assign specific book readers to specific file types, it is flexible as well.
Calibre Companion V3.6.6 patched
Requirements: 2.3 and up
Overview: A free demo version is now available. See the end of this description for details.
Calibre Companion (CC), recommended by calibre developers, is three applications in one:
– a superb device-based calibre library organizer
– a high-performance WiFi-based calibre device emulator
– a calibre content server (web access) client
1) CC is a device-based calibre library organizer. Once you put books on your device using one of the connection methods described below you can:
– view a book’s metadata (author, tags, series, rating, dates, etc.).
– sort and group books by their metadata.
– see book lists by cover or by list.
– mark books read and sync this information with calibre.
– launch your book reader application to read a book (works with most reader applications except for Amazon Kindle).
2) CC can connect to calibre over WiFi and be detected by calibre as a device. Once connected, you use calibre to move books to and from your device. Calibre automatically updates all the book metadata stored by CC to match the latest in your library. No other app, reader or browser, offers this level of integration with calibre.
3) CC can connect to calibreas content server over WiFi to browse your library and download books to your device.
For more information see our FAQ
CC has been translated into the following languages:
– Portuguese (Brazilian): fully translated
– Italian (Italy): 94% translated
– Spanish (Spain): 83% translated
– Japanese (Japan): 56% translated
– German (Germany): 50% translated
– French (France): 46% translated
– Russian (Russia): 44% translated
1) CC is not a reader app. You must install and use one of the many excellent reader apps available.
2) CC requires that you use calibre calibre 0.9.02 or later, available at http://calibre-ebook.com/ . Some CC features such as syncing book read information require newer versions of calibre.
A free demo version of CC is available in the Google Play store. Install and test with that version if you have concerns that CC won’t work on your network or isn’t what you need.
Calibre Companion apk for android More Info:
If you have the Calibre ebook management application, and an Android tablet, then you need Calibre Companion. It is, quite simply, the easiest and fastest way of transferring files and updating metadata. It would be nice to have a feature that permitted Calibre libraries to be read directly from a cloud drive, and frankly I like the library enough that I think a stand-alone version using only the local disk would be useful. In fact, before I found Calibre Companion apk for android, I was looking around for a library program.